Sunday, October 18, 2015

Our Backyard Farm Fall To-Do List

I arrived home this afternoon from a long weekend away with my husband.  We saw so many farms in our driving around, and it made me think of all the things that need to be done before autumn ends and winter sets in.  (In fairness, we live in a part of the country that doesn't have harsh winters--just rain, more rain, wind, and then a bit more rain.)
Still, there are a few chores that need doing on our .11 acre, and to stay motivated and accountable, I'll publish my to-do list here for all to see.  (And should you see it, and you know me personally or are related to me, and you live close by, you are most welcome to volunteer your help with a task or two!)

  1. Finish chicken coop roof.
  2. Build cover for chicken feeder.
  3. Install hook for chicken waterer.
  4. Tarp on shed roof.
  5. Cut back blackberry vines behind shed.
  6. Straw, leaves, and burlap over raised beds.
  7. Clean up decorative beds, pull weeds and trim back plants.
  8. Cover kids' bikes.
  9. General clean up around yard.
  10. Plan for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment