Thursday, September 3, 2015

It's Salsa Canning Time

Hey Farm Aficionados!

It's that time of year when all good little tomatillos and tomatoes cry out, "No!  Choose me!  I want to SALSA!"  Yes folks, not to be confused with Salsa--the Latin music/dance style, our tiny toms are actively involved in our canning fiesta on our farm.  Farmer Gina rose early and begun the rinsing and cutting of the veggies ceremony as you can see in the photos below.
 

Notice those beautiful ROMA tomatoes?  They make awesome salsa!
In addition to salsa roja (red sauce for you non-Spanish speakers), Farmer Gina made salsa verde (green sauce, etc). They are chunk-a-licious! Here are two of our little beauties.


I will let you know if the recipe was a success when I open a jar up in the next couple of days.  If the recipe tastes good I will tell you where I got it from.  If the recipe is an epic fail I will tell you where I got it from!  Happy eating!










3 comments:

  1. It was a lot of work, but I think it will be worth it. Thanks for keeping on top of the blog. I love the idea of it, but I'm not great on the follow-through.

    ReplyDelete